Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Digital Media in the News

My family and I watched BYUtv's rebroadcast of the BYU Georgia Tech game last night. During the game I talked about Hurricane Sandy with my mom, and she wanted to watch the news to learn more about it. There was a segment on KSL called "Growing up in a digitally connected world." It surprised me, but it was fun to see that the news was discussing the topic my group is working on. It also made me wonder if my group is timely, or a little behind the curve (because of early adapters).

The report covered two families that are very digitally savvy. It was interesting to see, but I didn't feel like the two families they showed were truly indicative of a normal family that deals with these issues. I know while I was growing up it was much different. We didn't have a computer or the internet for many, many years. And when we did have internet the time we were allowed to be on was quite limited.

I did like that they were casting a positive light on digital media. I also realized that the best way to make a decision on how digital media will be used in a home is to take a holistic approach, looking at expert advice,  personal experiences, religious suggestions, pros & cons, etc...

Here's a link to the article:

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=22759000&nid=148&title=growing-up-social-in-a-digitally-connected-world

No comments:

Post a Comment