Monday, November 26, 2012

K9 & YouTube

I've been searching for a good YouTube video to explain K9 Web Protection. I've been all through the K9 website and been on YouTube while looking. I've come across a couple decent videos and a lot of bad ones.

The main problem I have with the decent ones is that they are usually pretty long. Another problem I have is that when you are watching a video to explain how to use K9 there are several videos explaining how to get around the program. That's one thing I worry about when using these types of software, whether we're protecting people or teaching them how to get around things. I like the idea of a safety net, but I worry about sharing a video that might help others find a way to get around K9.

When I was on K9's website I found that they provide other ways to share their services. However, I don't feel that it's very effective. They provide the files to download the files to burn to a cd, as well as use of their banner to share with others. They also provide links to where others have talked about their website. I wish they would have created their own video on how to use their services instead of leaving it to other people.

1 comment:

  1. Jake, maybe you could do a video explaining what you just said in this post. You could just direct people to the K9 website and tell them the things they can do on the site to share with others and spread the word.

    ReplyDelete