Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Social Proof/Start of Bibliography

To start this post I want to begin with a preface: this class has been hard for me. I am not against social media by any means, in fact I think it's wonderful that we have it, but I personally don't use it. I am used to doing my own thing most of the time and having to find social proof has been a bit of a stretch for me. 

That being said, I found the way to make this blog post most useful to me was to make a working bibliography of what my classmates have said as well as to list other sources where my topic has been discussed.

Here is my working bibliography:

Audrey Blake has a great blog about civil disobedience and the internet: http://sittinginherenglishgarden.blogspot.com/2010/06/thoreauvian-vision-coming-to-pass.html
She has also responded to my blog.

There has been a movie made about V for Vendetta:

Here is an article about Anonymous and Guy Fawkes masks from slate.com:

Here is an article on Anonymous and V for Vendetta from BBC:

Here's an article from examiner.com:

Here's an article on social network unionism:

Here's a list of photos from publicintelligence.net:

Wikipedia also has some good articles, as well as other resources:

There are lots of resources out there that discuss my topic. It has been interesting to go through a lot of these websites to learn more about V for Vendetta and hacktivism.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Voila! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. And I can't remember the rest off the top of my head, but that was a decent recant, right? I'm a humongous Alan Moore fan. Or, should I say, AN humongous Alan Moore fan, in reverence to British English.

    Check out this kinetic typography for V's speech: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Q0dfrbr10

    It's another interesting use of the technique Professor Burton showed us in class.

    ReplyDelete